Get fit in the all new Minkpink Move activewear range. Plus, keep scrolling for a guilt-free Pineapple & Coconut Buckwheat Pancake recipe from our favourite food blogger @veggie_moments. #you'rewelcome
🍍🌴 Pineapple & Coconut Buckwheat Pancakes🍍🌴
(recipe via Nikki Frost from @veggie_moments)
These super easy, guilt-free breaky treats will definitely get you in the mood for Summer. ☺️☀️
You will need:
- 1/2 cup of spelt flour
- 1/2 cup of buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- A big pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 cup of almond milk (or any type of milk you prefer)
- 1 tbs of coconut oil
- 1 can of pineapple rings
- 1 scoop of coconut yogurt (optional)
- Fresh organic honeycomb (optional)
Step by step:
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, coconut sugar, shredded coconut, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Stir these together and make a well in the middle.
- Into the well, add the eggs and almond milk and whisk together thoroughly.
- In a heated pan slightly greased with coconut oil, pour in a dollop of the mixture to form your pancake.
- After a few seconds, add a ring of unsweetened pineapple to the centre of the pancake. (Nikki uses canned pineapple rings from her local health food store, or you can cut your own fresh pineapple).
- When your pancake starts to bubble, use a spatula to flip it and let it cook for another minute or so until it is golden brown.
- Lastly, toppings. Nikki uses a dollop of coconut yogurt and then smothers with honeycomb (and it's delicious!) but feel free to use whatever toppings you like!
(Serves 2 people)